At the Golden Pear and At the Golden Clock - Karlova Street 40, 42/150, Old Town
Karlova Street 40, 42/150, Old Town
Originally a Gothic house was divided into two separate buildings later on; one of them was bought in 1723 by the builder J. V. Kaňka (father of F. M. Kaňka) who had it rebuilt in High Baroque style. The second house was rebuilt in late Baroque style at the end of the 18th century. Both buildings were joined together in 1941. Gothic vaults and some other features such as the fragments of Gothic wall paintings were preserved.